On Mon, 2017-12-18 at 17:23 +0100, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> > I'll take these in for v3 as well and carefully review myself
> > for any further errors of the same sorts..
>
> I suggest to consider a few additional wording adjustments.
>

> > +``runchecks``. You can for instance use::
>
> +``runchecks``. You can use for instance::

Will fix.

> * Do you care for the handling of orphaned words in paragraphs?

Will look over it, thanks.

> * Was any consensus achieved already for corresponding names?
>
>   x Could a longer variable name like “CHECKING_FLAGS” be easier to remember
>     than the proposed “CF”?

I kept CF as is already established as the flag to use for parameters with C=

>   x Will the naming style matter (if you compare the approaches “checkpatch”
>     and “get_maintainer”)?

No consensus made on the naming, just that I tried using verbatim names from
sparse, eg
lowercase-dash vs UPPERCASE_UNDERSCORE as in checkpatch and found the
runchecks.cfg and
reporting lines more easy to read using the uppercase variants, and that it
looks more
nice to have a uniform output across checkers.

I think that the visual output of a test is important, as even we developers
tend to be
more happy with (and willing to execute) programs that produce nice output vs
ones with
ugly, cluttery, inconsistent output :-)

Thanks,
Knut