>> I imagine that context-dependent data processing will be needed here
>> to distinguish if preprocessor code should be adjusted (or not).
>> How much will this technical aspect matter?
>
> Macros are supposed to be written on one line.

I suggest to reconsider also this view.
Would you like to take line continuations (or the escaping of line breaks)
into account?

> Anyway, to my understanding the goal was not to modify the #define part,
> but rather only the code part.

The shown transformation approach can probably be interpreted in two ways.

1. A source code modification should be performed behind a macro
   which can be empty.

2. Something should be generally adjusted. It would not matter then
   if the change is relevant (only) for preprocessor code (or not).

Regards,
Markus