I'd like to add a statement after another within a preprocessor expression,

How do you think about to refer to a “#define directive”?

but spatch adds the line without an escape (backslash).

I imagine that we stumble on another target conflict here.
https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/issues/139

Do you really want to adjust a bit of text according to a preprocessing
definition?

    #define X(a) x(a);

(I know the above is not technically correct but it's super common.)

I stumble on understanding difficulties for this information.
Would you like to clarify the knowledge about correctness a bit more?

    @@
    expression e;
    @@
        x(e);
    +   y(e);

How should the scope be specified that a change should be performed
only for preprocessor code (replacement lists for your transformation approach)?

I can think of two solutions, if an expression is inside a
preprocessor statement: add a backslash before every newline, or skip
the newline.

Would you like to choose the preferred coding style for such an use case?

Regards,
Markus