> If you want to ensure that your generated code has such properties,
> you can use the argument --smpl-spacing.

It is nice that code additions can be influenced by such a parameter.

> If you want something more, you are welcome to implement it.

I imagine that adjustments for matched metavariables might need
further development considerations.
Would there be a need to reformat any expression code (for example)?

Which software places would become interesting for extensions of
source code layout algorithms?

> We only focus on the coding style of the Linux kernel.

How are the chances that interests will grow also for source files
of GNOME components?

Regards,
Markus