On 11/16/2017 03:29 PM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
> On 11/16/2017 12:31 PM, Petr Lautrbach wrote:

>>> Looks good to me. Thanks for writing these up!
>>> For the stories, what about something like this:
>>
>> Did you mean workflows?
>>
>>> "Phillip logs in to the system with Cockpit. He navigates to the section
>>> where he can set the SELinux permissions. He sets /companywebsite to be
>>> accessible by httpd.
>>> He then edits /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and sets the configuration
>>> parameters necessary. He then creates the public_html folder for each
>>> users and set the right permissions. Once that is done he changes the
>>> selinux rule to allow users to server web content out of their home
>>> directories.
>>
>> In this scenario I would not expect users to change rules but change boolean
>> values.
>> I'd rephrase the last sentence:
>>
>> Once that is done he changes the SELinux boolean which allows web server
>> to serve content out of home directories.
>>
>>> He then creates a test user, drops a html-file in
>>> /home/testuser/public_html and tests if it's accessible from a web
>>> browser. Once it's done he logs out." [1]
>>>
>>> "George Cucumber logs in to the system with Cockpit. He navigates to the
>>> section where he can set the SELinux permissions. There he changes all
>>> user accounts from unconfined to guest. Once it's done, he creates a
>>> test user and tries to ping google.com. It won't work, so he's
>>> successful. He logs out again."
>>
>> s/unconfined/unconfined_u/;s/guest/guest_u/
>>
>> But it looks good.
>>

>>> "Paul logs in to the system with Cockpit. He navigates to the section
>>> where he can set the SELinux permissions. He sets the bank_trans_
>>> service to permissive. Once that is done, he logs out again">
>> I'm not surte about this workflow. I CCed Mirek who's the owner of this
>> idea if he can provide some insight for this.
>>

> I would like to see a possibility to apply the permissive mode for a
> selected service which can be listed by "semanage permissive -l"

To be more specific. I would like to see an option that a user can
choose a specific SELinux domain from a list provided by Cockpit WebUI,
mark it and apply Permissive mode for the selected SELinux domain. The
same user can search for an SELinux domain in this list so he does not
need go thru the generated list.

--
Miroslav Grepl
Associate Manager, Platform Security