With Xcode 3 it works much better to make all source code changes, including adding new outlets or actions, from in Xcode, and then in IB invoke the Synchronize with Xcode command from under the File menu. Don't follow the advice in the Hillegas book for creating new classes or outlets from in IB, it doesn't seem to work very well in that direction. All the Apple tutorials which have been updated for Leopard now recommend doing things that way.

On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:23 PM, Mark Teagarden wrote:

Hi,

Is there an order I should use when I'm creating a new object and defining its outlets? Should I create the class in Xcode, hard-code the IBOutlets in the header file, and then instantiate it in Interface Builder and ctrl-click
everything together?  Or should I create the class in Xcode, then
instantiate, create outlets, and ctrl-click everything in IB? If I make
changes in header files etc, do I need to do anything special to the
instances in IB, or will they reflect changes I've made automatically?


My concern is that when I use IB to create outlets, then go back to xcode
and add IBOutlets in the header file, that it's causing some kind of
conflict - I've been getting weird errors to do with setting IBOutlet. It's all the more difficult because I'm using Hillegass to learn but I'm coding
with Xcode 3.

Thanks,
Mark


_______________________________________________

Cocoa-dev mailing list ([email protected])

Please do not post admin requests or moderator comments to the list.
Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)lists.apple.com

Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/adam%40thejenkins.org

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________

Cocoa-dev mailing list ([email protected])

Please do not post admin requests or moderator comments to the list.
Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)lists.apple.com

Help/Unsubscribe/Update your Subscription:
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com

This email sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to