Also, there are certain other presentation-based applications where this kind
of functionality is desired.  For example, when you want to go fullscreen with
any kind of media, be it from iPhoto, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc., you may indeed
wish the presentation window to situate itself fully on a particular screen and
leave another screen available for utility-based windows that can be moved
around.

For the most part, though, it's not a good idea just to snap a window onto
another screen.

Now, as I think about it, maybe using one of those new gestures (I really
haven't played with them much on the MacBook Air) would be the best way to
"throw" a window to another screen where it would land in a centered or
well-placed manner.  And, for the really non-busy developer, someone should
interpret a special gesture that would do a bank shot into the trash can.