Actually, since I've parsed the data successfully, I suppose I could store it and reopen in Core Data. Since I am new to Cocoa and have a limited programming background, I thought I should keep things basic,. Will give it a try as well (once I've tried the merge sort). But since I will have several pools of data to prepare for use, it also makes sense to just have a generic parser / sorter that parses, sorts, and stores data for use in other apps. Thanks.