On 17 Mar '08, at 12:00 PM, Ryan Chapman wrote:

Is there any way to get this information from within a command-line utility? In my case, I have a command-line utility wrapped up in an application bundle, so I really don't need any GUI stuff, but I thought I could use the Cocoa classes
to get the filename sent without launching a GUI.

You need to register AppleEvent handlers to get the open-document event when your process is launched. If you don't have NSApplication doing it for you, then you need to use NSAppleEventManager (which is in Foundation) to set up handlers and process the event.

—Jens