> On Mar 17, 2008, at 10:55 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:
>
>> I assume you mean you want to specify the class of the instance,
>> because "specifying the NSObject's superclass" is a nonsensical
>> statement.  The field you're looking for is on the Identity pane of
>> the Inspector
>
> LOL. Sorry, I shouldn't try and do this stuff so late at night!  I
> meant "specifying the new class' superclass".
>
> I did use the Identity Pane to change the class from NSObject to
> another class that doesn't exist, but how do I tell Interface Builder
> that the new class I'm specifying and intend to have it generate the
> files for is a subclass of NSObject, or whatever class I want it use
> as the superclass?  I used to be able to use the class hierarchy,
> right click on NSObject, or NSView or whatever and select create
> subclass, and then instantiate the subclass. I'm able to create an
> instance, but I don't know how to tell it that the instance I'm
> creating should be a new class, or how it fits in the class hierarchy.
>
> I hope I made more sense that time. Thanks,
> Jeff

I probably shouldn't try to answer e-mails this late at night myself, but
hopefully this help.

Starting with Interface Builder 3, it is suggested that you don't define
your class in IB and have it generate the code.  Instead you define it in
XCode and IB will stay in sync with those changes.  Look here:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/IB_UserGuide/ConnectionsandBindings/chapter_6_section_3.html

I hope that helps,

Varun