Hi Palav,
Yes it is possible.

You need to use SystemConfiguration framework. You can get all proxy
information except authentication. So don't try to get proxy information
from network pane. Its useless.
If you want to use network pane in system preference then use CFSocket.
(Best option)

CFSocket will take care of proxy handling before setting up a new
connection.

For BSD sockets you need to have all information and need to work on proxy
manually.
If u have to use BSD sockets, then have ur own proxy settings in your
application preference pane and use them.

Regards,
Basavaraj