TransitionWindow was never implemented well in OS X, as far as I know. Last I checked, it simply drew a few zoomrects using the look of the old OS 9 Finder. Not too impressive. It didn't do genie effects either.

You might look into NSWindow's - (void)setFrame:(NSRect)windowFrame display:(BOOL)displayViews animate:(BOOL)performAnimation

Sean McBride wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to use the genie effect (or similar) when opening and closing
an NSWindow.  Carbon has an API named TransitionWindow() for this task,
but it's 32-bit only.  I've searched the archives and it seems there is
no Cocoa equivalent?  Is this still so, even in 10.5?  Could Core
Animation accomplish this?

Thanks,