Thanks. Separating the header and implementation solved the linking error, and that should hopefully cure me of the sloppy habit of stuffing functions into a header.

I'm not sure the differences between reported errors in Xcode 3 and 2.4 are not worth tracking down, because they are considerable. 3 appears to be much more stringent. Will address under new topic.

Something else must be different, but it's probably not worth tracking down what; you just need to fix your source code.