On Apr 5, 2008, at 17:13, I. Savant wrote:

 ADDING:

Think also about what coordinate system you're using when you tell a subview to set its frame to a superview's frame. Per the documentation, you'll want to set the subview's frame to the superview's *bounds*, not its frame (since the superview's frame is in *its* superview's coordinate system).

And I'll add to your addition that [secondView display] isn't likely to be the correct way to get the view to draw. In that context, it should be [secondView setNeedsDisplay:YES]. Or, rather, since it's going to display anyway (just having being added to a view hierarchy), the call can be omitted.