On Apr 10, 2008, at 8:00 PM, Eric Gorr wrote:

On Apr 10, 2008, at 6:00 AM, Cathy Shive wrote:

If you're targeting Leopard, there is an NSTableView method you can override for this (a public one!)

-(void)highlightSelectionInClipRect:(NSRect)theClipRect

You have to actually draw the highlights, it's not simply a matter of setting the color. If you look at the post Ben linked to, there is sample code you can download that will show you what to do.

Playing with this a bit more, it appears that I need to also do:

- (id)_highlightColorForCell:(NSCell *)cell
{
        // we need to override this to return nil
        // or we'll see the default selection rectangle when the app is running
        // in any OS before leopard

// you can also return a color if you simply want to change the table's default selection color
    return nil;
}

Or it will ignore my highlight drawing entirely. It appears this is an undocumented API or, at least, I cannot locate it in the documentation.

Once I tossed this in, there weren't white spaces between the columns.

So, is there a way to do this without using undocumented APIs?