I believe I have found a bug with a menu item view when used in the status bar menu. Here's how to recreate the bug. Assume the app MyApp is active and has a status bar menu, and one of the menu items has a view: 1. Bring another app to the front (such as Safari), and access the MyApp status bar menu, displaying the view.
2. Bring MyApp to the front.
3. Now there is a "ghost" image from the view displayed when MyApp was inactive. The ghost image goes away after about 20 seconds. When I say "ghost" image it's just a white space void of any of the views contents.

Maybe the NSMenuItem view is not meant to be used with a status bar menu? Or this is a bug? Or more importantly, does anyone know a workaround so I don't get this "ghost" image on the screen?

Thanks.