On Apr 14, 2008, at 9:09 AM, Nathan Vander Wilt wrote:
This means your NIB/XIB has a deployment target not equal to "10.5.x", but you have some sort of button or other view whose "Scaling" setting is not "None". If you go into Interface Builder, and go to your file's Info window, it will show a list of all these warnings. Either change your deployment target, or click each warning to pull up the problematic view in the inspector window and set its Scaling to "None". It may be alright to ignore these warnings, I don't know.

The real problem with this as I see it is that it happens with a default project with no changes. Create a new Cocoa application, open the NIB and add a Push Button/NSButton on the window. You'll get a NIB warning the OP describes immediately. Bad default settings in my opinion.

In order to make the warning go away you can either set the build target for the NIB file to 10.5 or set the "Scaling" attribute to "none" for the button. Neither of this is immediately obvious to newbies like myself because you would assume things like that "just work".

What I've been wondering: What happens if I get a warning like this, switch my build target to 10.5 and the final application runs on a pre 10.5 system? Will it crash, will the scaling functionality just don't work or will the user get lots of error messages when starting the application?

Regards
Markus