Hard to tell from the code posted. Maybe extent is incorrect?

You can just draw the source imageRep directly - you don't have to wrap it in an image, and given that you just want a straight copy it'll be simpler too. Use [imageRep drawAtPoint:...] This may not have a bearing on your problem but the simpler the code, the easier to debug :)

Having different colourspaces shouldn't matter - the drawing operation will convert the image as necessary.

G.