Hello all,

in the user interface of my Cocoa app  I have a button with two
alternative titles,
one that I write in Interface Builder and the other appears on a line in
my code as
follows,

  [theButton setTitle:[NSString stringWithFormat:@"Put a n with a
tilde,like this : %c",0X00F1]];

Unfortunately, at runtime the exotic character is displayed incorrectly:
it appears as
a "breve" (Unicode character number 02D8 instead of 00F1).

 It seems clear that this is a conflicting encoding issue, but between
which encodings?
coming from where? (The default file encoding is "Unicode UTF-8" in the
Xcode preferences, and it seems there is no item to deal with encodings in
the Interface Builder's preferences)

 I thought at first that the problem came from my not localizing the Cocoa
project (I localize only at the very end), but even when I made the adhoc
localization the problem persisted.

                                                                Ewan