On 4/24/08 9:37 PM, Christopher Henrich said:

>Have Uniform Type Indicators (UTIs) been defined for VRML, X3d, of
>POVray files?

First, it's "Uniform Type Identifiers". :)

Apple does not keep a list of 3rd party UTIs.  No one else does either,
that I know of.  Does anyone know of one?  The community really needs
such a list.  If no one knows of one, I'll create a page on the CocoaDev
wiki so that the community has one.

Conflicting UTIs are a big problem, you can read about the problem in
the archives of Apple's quicklook mailing list.