On Apr 30, 2008, at 12:28 AM, Greg Sutton wrote:

I have a single QTMovie with one video track playing well in a QTMovieLayer within a window. In fact I can have three or more of these windows open all playing separate videos without noticeable slow down. However when I add a second QTMovieLayer to a single window things start to fall apart. This happens whether or not the QTMovieLayers are in the same layer tree.

In general, one layer tree should be more performant than multiple layer trees in a single window, as there are fixed costs for each root (basically an OpenGL context and the associated machinery for getting it drawn correctly). That the QTMovieLayer is causing you problems like this is a bug that you should file.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing