Following the "View Programming Guide for Cocoa" if I use a Custom- View proxy in IB, the view's initWithFrame: method will be called when the NIB is loaded (this can be found in "Initializing View Instances Created in Interface Builder").

I do have a custom NSView derived view and a simple window with one proxy custom view in it. The class name is set to my view's class, but the initializer does not get called. awakeFromNib: is called, though.

Is this a documentation error or is there something I have to do before the dedicated initializer is getting called by the framework? My view has a couple of objects it has to allocate, the initializer being the best place.

I'm using Xcode 3.0 on 10.5.2

Regards
Markus