I don't know what FxFactory does to create custom effects, and I don't know that there is a preferred solution to your problem. That method is not the typical way that plugins are created. You can certainly write code that will assemble the expected FxPlug bundle pieces, which should be very straightforward. There are a few items that you will need to deal with on a per-plugin basis, though:

1. You will need to create a uniquely-named effect class (based upon FxFilter, FxGenerator or FxTransition) to execute the effect in the plugin. This is because Objective-C registers each class name at runtime, so if you create two plugins that use the same class name, the first-loaded plugin's class will be used by the second plugin.

2. For each plugin you will need to generate a pair of UUIDs, one to associate with the plugin and one with its group in the plugin's Info.plist file. You'll also need to store the plugin's class name in the Info.plist file.

As far as the code to actually do this, I leave that as an exercise for the reader. You should definitely read up on the FxPlug API and rendering documentation so you know how plugins work.

On May 8, 2008, at 8:39 PM, Shashi Kumar wrote:

Yes this exactly what I want. And I think this is the thing which FxFactory application do, as far I understood. So, could you give me the solution for this with explanation.

--- On Thu, 5/8/08, Steve Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Steve Christensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: regarding fxPlug plugins
To: cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 4:41 PM
On May 8, 2008, at 7:10 AM, Shashi Kumar wrote:

I am new to fxplug. And I wanted to create an fxplug plugin from a
cocoa application. What should be the right way to do this ? I have
fxPlug SDK installed. The specification is: I have an cocoa
application with UI having effects and image. And I want to create
fxplug as output on any button event.

OR

How can I create a fxplug as output with cocoa application. And I don't wanna use Xocde template for fxplug. That fxplug should get created by
cocoa or carbon application.

Can anyone explain it in simple and step wise manner giving some links
and hints.

Your description above didn't make it clear to me exactly what you want
to do, but here's I understood it:

     "I want to create a Cocoa application that will allow a user to
     define an effect. When the user pushes a button in the UI, the
     application will then create a FxPlug plugin that will implement
     the effect."

Is that correct?