>On May 20, 2008, at 12:08 PM, Peter Edberg wrote:
>
>> CLDR (Common Locale Data Repository) has some draft data on plural
>> forms for various languages. See
>> <http://unicode.org/cldr/data/charts/supplemental/language_plural_rules.html
>
>> > for specific rules
>> and
>> <http://unicode.org/draft/reports/tr35/
>> tr35.html#Language_Plural_Rules> for background info.
>

>These are by far the best references I've seen to date.  Thanks!  Very
>interesting that Ukrainian has a special rule for fractional values
>vs. integers.

Well, keep in mind that English also has a "special rule" for fractions if
they're written in textual form: "half an apple" vs. "0.5 apples".  If you
REALLY want to get localized, look at the ability to write out textual forms of
numbers within ICU.

http://icu.sourceforge.net/apiref/icu4c/classRuleBasedNumberFormat.html