On May 22, 2008, at 1:23 PM, Hamish Allan wrote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Andy Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think we have a disconnect as to what you meant by "lowering the barriers"
-- hence my reference to that particular phrase.

I'd like to point out that the "barrier" to which my post referred to
was that of *commitment* to the Cocoa design philosophy, and the
specific side-effect I didn't mind was gentle growth of the platform:

Thanks for the clarification. I agree there is a sort of psychological hurdle that has to be overcome: one has to accept that Cocoa will require learning a lot of fundamentals, and learning to think differently about some things (like the dangers of dynamic messaging). But I think it's best if we make that hurdle as easy to overcome as possible, instead of assuming it's at exactly the right height now.