more thread cleanup, sorry folks.

this is a basic C question. please try and find a more suitable (and less traffic'd) forum for these

thanks

scott

On May 27, 2008, at 5:24 PM, Nathan wrote:

I'm having a weird problem.... here's my code:

- (IBAction)operators:(id)sender {
        OB=[operatorBar floatValue];
        if (OB=1) {
                [operator setFloatValue: 4];
        }
        if (OB=2) {
                [operator setFloatValue: 5];

So you would expect that if operatorBar = 1, then OB will = 1, and operator will = 4. I know the first part is ok due to testing, but what happens when I run the program is that it acts like the if's don't exist, so upon using operators method operator will equal 5 no matter what. What's wrong here?