> On Jun 23, 2015, at 6:10 PM, Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Actually, the rotate event is the one that is being caught and sent.
>
> If it's a UIEvent and it's listed as a UIInternalEvent, within the debugger,
> how do I check the type and subtype to see what type of event it is so that I
> can return immediately if it is the wrong type?

I don’t understand the question. Or rather, I understand the question, but I
don’t understand why you are asking it.

There are three public types of event: Touches, Motion, and RemoteControl. Are
you saying that UIInternalEvents are re-using one of these constants, and
therefore you need an alternative way to disambiguate them? That’s definitely a
problem and you should file a Radar.

If you just want to spelunk around the innards of a private UIEvent subclass,
then no. We will not provide you information to do so.

Barring that, just do if (event.type==UIEventTypeMotion) { } else if
(event.type==UIEventTypeTouches) { } …

--Kyle Sluder