> On 16 Jul 2015, at 20:30, Martin Wierschin <mar...@nisus.com> wrote:
>
>>> Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
>>> 0   libobjc.A.dylib                 0x00007fff8b5b80dd objc_msgSend + 29
>>> 1   com.apple.AppKit                0x00007fff9231bb94 -[NSView
>>> _setSuperview:] + 2591
>>> 2   com.apple.AppKit                0x00007fff9231ad78 -[NSView
>>> addSubview:] + 436
>>> 3   com.apple.AppKit                0x00007fff92346432 -[NSWindow
>>> setContentView:] + 640
>>> 4   com.apple.ViewBridge            0x00007fff93d460c1 setWindowContentView
>>> + 75
>>> 5   com.apple.ViewBridge            0x00007fff93d34d42 -[NSRemoteViewBase
>>> setAccessoryView:] + 208
>>> 6   <com.myapp>                             0x000000010ba36a1d 0x10b9ab000
>>> + 571933
>
>> Is it trying to be clever and re-use existing accessory views, or is a fresh
>> one created each time?
>
> Why do you ask? Is this a known problem?

My thinking is _setSuperview: seems somewhat a surprising place to crash.

I’m hazarding a guess that the accessory view is not a fresh one, and still has
a reference to its previous superview. Apple’s code doesn’t expect that
situation, and finds the pointer to the previous superview to be invalid
perhaps.

This is Apple’s bug, but if my guess is correct, you could probably work around
it by manually _removing_ your accessory view from NSSavePanel once the panel
returns, rather than leaving semi-attached there.