NSViewController doesn’t really work that way. It’s like an NSWindowController
- it manages one view and handles all the nib unloading top-level objects stuff
for you. (Trust me, you do not want to manage top-level objects yourself)

So instead of

> myDetailView = [LTWDetailView loadViewFromNIB:@“ LTWDetailViewY”]l
> myDetailViewController = [[LTWDetailViewController alloc]
> initWithDetailView:theDetailView];

what you’d want is

myDetailViewController = [[LTWDetailViewController alloc] initWithNibName:@“
LTWDetailViewY”]
myDetailView = [myDetailViewController view];