On 10/7/15 7:27 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:

On Oct 7, 2015, at 4:01 PM, David Hoerl <dho...@mac.com
<mailto:dho...@mac.com>> wrote:

then add a "condensed" attribute:
 let fd2 = fd1.fontDescriptorByAddingAttributes[ the magic sauce ]

I haven’t used this API, but from looking at the header, I would try:

let fd2 = fd1.fontDescriptorWithSymbolicTraits(.Condensed)

—Jens

Great suggestion - I just focused too hard on working with "fontDescriptorByAddingAttributes"

If I use this:

let newDesc = desc.fontDescriptorWithSymbolicTraits([.TraitCondensed, .TraitBold])

I get a bold font, but it's not condensed - perhaps San Francisco has no such variant now.

Thanks!

- David