> On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:
>
> The view is probably using flipped coordinates. Look up flipped coordinates
> in the Cocoa view documentation to understand what they are and how to work
> around the problem.
>
> As for the size, have you set the size of the NSFont in ‘sysFont’?

I am using -graphicsContextWithBitmapImageRep and then adding text annotations.
 The reason for using CGContextShowTextAtPoint in the first place was to solve
this problem when drawing NSStrings.

I guess the real question is "How to you draw NSStrings as flipped == YES when
the current NSGraphicsContext is graphicsContextWithBitmapImageRep which is
flipped = NO.

-rags