On 2 Nov 2015, at 12:59 AM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:

> Yes, I was looking at it, but I’m confused how it knows the difference
> between self and super?

I misread you code. If you really want to do this:

-(void) initWithParam:(NSString*) theParam
{
self = [self initWithParam:theParam andAnotherParam:nil];
if (self == nil)
        return;

//  Do something

return self;
}

Then try something like:

        on initWithParam:theParam
                my initWithParam:theParam andAnotherParam:(missing value)
                -- do something
                return me
        end init

Only use continue if the method is also defined in the AS class.

But unless you have to init the subclass that way, it would be a lot simpler to
do a simple alloc()'s init(), and then set the (inherited) properties of the
result.

--
Shane Stanley <sstan...@myriad-com.com.au>
<www.macosxautomation.com/applescript/apps/>