On Nov 10, 2015, at 13:54 , Samuel Williams <space.ship.travel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can anyone give me advice about this
> and point me to the official information from Apple?

You can start here:

https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/FileSystemProgrammingGuide/AccessingFilesandDirectories/AccessingFilesandDirectories.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010672-CH3-SW11

<https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/FileSystemProgrammingGuide/AccessingFilesandDirectories/AccessingFilesandDirectories.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010672-CH3-SW11>

under the heading "Determining Where to Store Your App-Specific Files”, and
also under the heading "OS X Library Directory Details” later in the same
document.

> storing log files, save games, and other related data-files
> automatically into ~/Documents/ was not recommended

Note that you still get some say in this. If a save game file (for example) is
something that a user might want to double-click on to return to that game, it
should be in Documents by default. If it’s merely a persistent store of in-game
state that’s restored by an in-game action, then it should probably be in
Application Support.