On Nov 23, 2015, at 22:34 , Motti Shneor <su...@bezeqint.net> wrote:

> All that […]

I think perhaps you’re making my argument for me. ;)

Much of what you say *demonstrates* the difficulty of using a NSDocument-based
design for your app. (Core Data makes it harder, because it does slow
autosavesInPlace autosaving due to the file copy, but you’ve outlined other
problems that don’t necessarily arise from Core Data.) Every way you turn, you
find a NSDocument assumption that your app doesn’t conform to, and something
doesn’t work right as a result.

I think there are parts of your app that NSDocument makes a good fit. It sounds
like there are project “workspaces” that describe a working environment, and
these would be good candidates for NSDocument. But the central problem you
face, IMO (and I’d be happy for anyone to jump in and tell me I’m wrong) is
that you don’t have a good solution at hand for how to handle the committing
and reversion of updates to the database.