On Jan 24, 2016, at 17:34 , Alex Zavatone <z...@mac.com> wrote:

> A prefix of _ is already used by the compiler to indicate the internal ivar
> backing properties so, what convention should be used for private properties?

That's kinda a whole different discussion. In Graham’s case, the properties
were already private, but they just happened to have been exposed in the public
header file. Presumably, they would keep the same names when moved to the
implementation file.

In general, use of naming conventions is a personal opinion that we’re never
going to reach consensus on. I happen to be at the unpopular end of this — I’ve
never used a syntactic naming convention for variables, other than the forced
“_” for backing variables that correspond to synthesized properties — and it’s
pretty lonely down here on the bendy end of the tree branch.