(sorry about the previous post, hit Send early by accident)

On Feb 14, 2016, at 02:06 , Samuel Williams <space.ship.travel...@gmail.com
<mailto:space.ship.travel...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> 2/ Should I prefer NSMutableDictionary in the Swift code?

Is your Swift property declared ‘dynamic’?

Also, keep in mind that the Swift type that’s bridgeable to NSDictionary is
[NSObject: AnyObject]. Your type [String: AnyObject] can be upcast to a
bridgeable type, but things get a bit murky about what’s supposed to happen
when.

Also, I recommend that you do *not* use a mutable dictionary as a cheap
replacement for a class with its own properties. It may seem like a good
shortcut, but it’s going to have limitations (perhaps unrelated to the current
problem) when you start binding to it.