On Jun 18, 2008, at 03:31, Alain Schartz wrote:

My model consists of an abstract entity A and an entity B, with A being B's parent. Each entity is managed by it's own NSArrayController (mode set to Entity and correctly bound to the context), and each NSArrayController is bound to a NSTableView to show me what is going on.

Now When I create a B object (using it's NSArrayController's add: function), it shows up correctly in the according table view but *sometimes* - impossible to say exactly when or how often - the corresponding A object does NOT show up. It does so ONLY when I move the mouse in either one of the views. How strange is that!

You're going to have to clarify your question before anyone can give you an answer. Array controllers in entity mode don't manage entities, they are bound to content sets that contain managed objects. What content sets are the array controllers bound to?

If A is an abstract parent entity (i.e. the Core Data equivalent of an abstract superclass), there cannot be any actual A objects. If B is the only sub-entity of A you defined, everything must be a B object, so it's unclear what the A array controller is supposed to be observing.

It sounds like the content set to which the A controller is bound is simply not being maintained in a KVO-compliant way. That could explain the odd behavior you are seeing.