I just did:
> cd
> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Documentation/DocSets/com.apple.adc.documentation.watchOS.docset/Contents/Resources/Tokens/C/tag/-
>
> ls -skl

There are 8 files. Finder → File → Get Info → Size: has for each: xxx bytes
(Zero bytes on disk), where “xxx” is the same number as reported by “ls -skl”.

First question:
How does one achieve this phenomenal compression: 0 bytes on disk - but can
expand to several thousand bytes? If this is not a creatio ex nihilo, then:
where are these bytes hiding?

Second question:
Finder says about the containing folder: 11,239 bytes (33 KB on disk) for 9
items
11,239 = sum of TotalFileSizes of the 8 files in this folder.
But where do the “33 KB on disk” come from? 8 times “Zero bytes on disk” should
be zero, shouldn’t it?

The reason for these questions:
I want to write an app, which counts (for a given folder) the number of bytes
stored on disk.

Gerriet.