I have an menu operation which, before it fully executes, pops up
an NSAlert asking a Yes/No question ("Selection Only(Y/N)?") then,
depending upon the answer will either apply to the whole list or just
the selection. However, no matter what I do (other than putting the
operation in a separate thread), the alert box stays on the screen
until the operation is done. release doesn't work. orderout on the
window doesn't work. Is there any way to do this (other than
changing the threading) so the alert box goes away when I'm done
with it?

Best regards,

Tom Doan
Estima