works.

I have two cases:

1. I have one array of all InterestingObjects and I set different predicates
on the array controller to show only those matching the predicate in a
table. (Think of this as an iTunes smart folder)

2. I manually insert some of the InterestingObjects into an array controller
to be shown in a table. (Think of this as an iTunes user-defined folder -
just dragging in random songs)

#1 seems easy to migrate to Core Data as the table will be bound to my
managed object context and I can use predicates to show different subsets.

How can I effectively do #2?

Each InterestingObject has an identifier that is a UUID so I could make a
predicate that just lists all the InterestingObjects I am colleting. Will
that be effective with perhaps hundreds of objects?

Without Core Data it is easy to just go through the array and pick out a
hundred, add them to a different array and display them.

Basically I have a core data store of 5,000 InterestingObjects. I have a
list of 200 UUIDs (remember, each InterestingObject has a UUID) and I need
to list these 200 InterestingObjects in a table.

In some cases I need to combine them, so how is the best way with Core Data
to show a table of:

- all the InterestingObjects where name= "Joe"
- plus all the InterestingObjects with these 200 UUIDs

I hope this is clear.

Somehow this seems easier to do without Core Data.

Thanks.