> On Sep 21, 2016, at 9:47 PM, Jeff Evans <jev...@ars-nova.com> wrote:
>
> One would have to init it with objects to be useful at all, and then it
> presumably would point to different data than another NSArray (even
> nonmutable) inited with objects.

Yup. Another fun fact is that the non-mutable classes all implement -copy as
simply “return self”, since copying an immutable object is a no-op*.
Again, the mutable subclasses override -copy to make an actual copy.

—Jens

* aside from bumping the retain count, but I’m ignoring that because with ARC
we no longer care about such things, right?