> Because the observer is an object. Your observation and a superclass
> observation come from the same object. Whether these are to be treated as
> different observations** cannot be determined automatically, hence the need
> for a “context”.

Sure, but an observation method is what would be called a "callback" in plain C.
In C, I can have many different callbacks.
I don't see why that should not be possible in Obj-C - I just would need a
mechanism to add tell the system the names / function pointers to be registered
as observers.

Anyways, the concept of a block gets closer to what I mean, except it is still
not a named function/method.

Best regards,
Gabriel.