So there was lots of discussion and plenty of 'don't do anything that equates
to this' --> @"myString" == @"myString", and I agree.

I wanted to get some opinions on the following which I have done in the past
and perceive as different because the string constant is introduced and defined
once and only once.

// my .m file
static NSString * const kMyContext = @"my fantastic context";

// later on
- (void) observeValueForKeyPath: (NSString *) keyPath   ofObject: (id) object
                       change: (NSDictionary *) change context: (void *) context
{
  if ( context == kMyContext )
  { // do my stuff }
  else
  // call super
}

My interpretation of how to use context has been as an arbitrary pointer...
Does this run afoul of anyone's sensibility?

Sandor Szatmari