Moving , finally, to Xcode 7.3.1, I get a weird bug.

If I build a release configuration with the recommended optimization level
(fastest, smallest) then this code

void xxxxx::Clear(apointList &list)

    if ( ! &list )

never returns when apointlis &list = 0x00000000 as shown in the debugger.

But if I set the optimization level (none) then the code works properly.

Of course Apple says never ship release code with optimization level none,
always use faster,smallest

What am I missing ?

Cocoa-dev mailing list (

Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)

This email sent to