On Nov 21, 2016, at 1:48 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to look at the C header files for GCD? I tried opening
> Dispatch.h, and Xcode is stuck "Generating Interface…", presumably a Swift
> interface I don't want to see.

I've found that if I tell Xcode to open Foo.h, and Xcode gets stuck generating
a nonexistent interface like that, opening Foo.h *again* while looking at the
empty "Generating Interface…" or "No editor" pane will cause Xcode to actually
open Foo.h.

> They seem pretty terrible. No explanation of any of the things.

I haven't found a universal way to discover how a given API is mapped into
Swift except by getting Xcode's code-completion to suggest names for me. It is
pretty terrible.

In some cases you can find a proposal for the API on swift-evolution and use it
as documentation:

https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0088-libdispatch-for-swift3.md

<https://github.com/apple/swift-evolution/blob/master/proposals/0088-libdispatch-for-swift3.md>