On Dec 14, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Doug Hill <cocoa...@breaqz.com> wrote:

> Ok, this is more good information to keep in mind when designing autolayout
> constraints. Given that my design isn't animatable, it's back to the
> autolayout drawing board. Again.

I think it works to animate a change of constraints if you do the
-layoutIfNeeded on the window within the animation context.  It's technically
animating the frame changes rather than the constraints, which can transition
through some different states and even temporarily violate constraints, but for
this case it should work.

Regards,
Ken