> On Jan 10, 2017, at 4:42 AM, Daryle Walker <dary...@mac.com> wrote:
>
> I read about store coordinators and managed contexts using Core Data models
> (I.e. "momd" files). But persistent store subclasses use them too right?

Not exactly. The store will need to know how to translate certain Managed
Object Model (MOM) related information into how how it stores data. For
instance, knowing that a specific entity represents a specific table in your
database. Generally this will encourage the developer to make sure the MOM maps
to their database schema as closely as possible, but it is not necessary.

> From looking at the docs for the atomic and incremental stores, their
> internal scheme have to match a specific model too; they can't support
> generic schemes for arbitrary models, right?

If I understand the question, the answer is no, as long as you implement a
generic way of translating the MOM into the store’s storage method, which is
really the correct way to implement an NSPersistentStore subclass.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.