It’s simple:

- I’m writing this framework for an app, both macOS, with Swift 3 and Xcode 8.
- My protocol has two non-optional strings.
- I unchecked “Optional” for those attributes when editing the model file.
- I used “Manual/None” for generation, then used the menu command to create the
declaration and properties-extension files anyway.
- The class uses “String?”, i.e. optionals, for my attributes.
- This keeps the managed-object sub-class from matching the protocol when I add
it from another extension (in a new file).

The properties are mandatory. So is it OK to change the generated versions to
non-optionals? What’s the risk/trade-offs if I do so?

—
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie
darylew AT mac DOT com