> On Feb 14, 2017, at 1:58, Andreas Falkenhahn <andr...@falkenhahn.com> wrote:
>
> On 13.02.2017 at 17:33 じょいすじょん wrote:
>
>> Yeah, my first suggestion didn't work, but points out the problem overall in
>> you nib.
>> Looks like somebody did try to edit the xml before and munged it.
>
> I certainly did not mess with the XML! Xcode must have messed this up when
> converting
> the nib file from the old Xcode PowerPC project format to the new one.
>
>> You also have nested menu duplicates inside your menus in the nib file
>> itself!
>
>> MainMenu
>>        Hollywood
>>                Menu
>>                        About Hollywood
>>                        Separator
>>                                MainMenu (duplicated here as sub menu...)
>>                        Preferences
>>                        ... (and on)
>

>> Delete that other MainMenu inside and it seems to work thus far.
>
> I've removed the complete duplicate MainMenu tree (the one after the separator
> item, see above) from designable.nib using a text editor. However, it still
> doesn't work. Same behaviour as before.
Strange, because after the changes I've suggested I am no longer able to get
any issues.
You really do just need to fix your nib. It's not that hard. If you're having
trouble with modern Xcode, well, you have to pick it up.
IB has been pretty self similar for many years now.
Just spend the time doing fixing it.
It's not unreasonable to expect some project gets a little borked transitioning
it from a 10 year old version of Xcode to a modern one. A LOT has changed since
then.