> On 23 Apr 2017, at 14:45, Quincey Morris
> <quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> On Apr 22, 2017, at 23:55 , Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerri...@icloud.com> wrote:
>>
>> But now I want to move the table view down 1 cm (leaving 1 cm unused space
>> at the top of the screen above the table view).
>> Reason: top of the table view (which contains a SearchField) is rather hard
>> to reach.
>>
>> But I cannot find a way to do this.
>
> Since UITableView is a subclass of UIScrollView, you can just set the
> “contentOffset” property to move its contents away from the top of its
> container.
>
> If you need to put a different view in the 1 cm of space above the table
> view, then I guess you need to change the structure. Instead of the the root
> view being or containing a table view, it would have two child views, or two
> container subviews with “embed” segues to child view controllers.

I failed using contentOffset.

So I changed the view controller of my scene from UITableViewController to
UIViewController and added a rectangle and a UITableView.

But using UISearchController proved to be impossible. Even in the old set up
(under UITableViewController) there were several bugs which needed complicated
work arounds.
Now there were even more (without work arounds). So I gave up on
UISearchController.

Now I have UIView, UISearchBar, UITableView (no more UISearchController) and
all seems to be working.

Gerriet.

P.S. Is there some official way to get the colour of the UISearchController
(like hue: 0.668062, saturation: 0.0255094, brightness: 0.80854) instead of
hardcoding these numbers?
I need this for the backgroundColor of my UIView.